Before theme parks took the limelight in Orlando, Florida was famous for its natural springs. Crystal clear water wells up from holes in the river bed creating a complex waterway system throughout Florida that is rich with wildlife. The closest springs are to the north of Orlando. Those on the west coast are far enough away from Orlando to count as a day trip and are listed on the Orlando day trips blog.
From the nearest to the farthest away, here are the best eleven, with photos.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park
- Rock Springs run State Reserve (Kelly Park)
- Blue Springs State Park
- Lower Wekiva River Preserve State Park
- De Leon Springs State Park
- Alexander Springs (stay tuned for the rest)
- Juniper Springs
- Silver Glen Springs
- Silver Springs
- Salt Springs
- Rainbow Springs