Cathedral Reserve is a pretty council run campground just outside the picturesque town of Mount Wilson – full of color in autumn and full of blooms in spring. Pull into the grassed area by the road and follow the road towards the trees. (See the map below). The campground is a flat grassy area nestled in the gum trees. Just ten minutes hike from the campground is the Cathedral of Ferns. This is a 30 minute circuit sometimes shrouded in mist or on summer evenings, aglow with fire flies.
Location: Mount Wilson
- Waste facilities
- Trailer sites
- Fire pits
- Picnic tables
Tip: Bring your own fire wood, toilet paper, and drinking water.
Map: Camping Blue Mountains
- Free Camping Blue Mountains
- Campgrounds and Caravan Parks, Blue mountains (not free)
- Blue Mountains in Pictures: To inspire your trip
- Campervan Hire Sydney: Best all inclusive prices
- Cheap Campervan Rentals in Australia Compared
- Used Campervans for Sale: Economy for long adventures