Here is a list of free campgrounds in and around the Blue Mountains to help you keep costs down while exploring this beautiful part of Australia. Most are for tents only, but three free campgrounds accommodate caravans and camper vans, too. All campgrounds are mapped at the end of the article.
Free Camping for Tents, Caravans and Camper Vans
Free Camping for Tents Only
- Batsh Campground (reached by 4WD in wet weather)
- Black Range Campground (reached by foot via the Six Foot Track)
- Burra Korain Flat (reached by foot via Victoria Falls)
- Acacia Flat Campground (reached by foot via Perry’s Lookdown)
- Cox’s River Campground (4WD access only)
- Dunphy’s Camping Area (possibly 4WD access only)
4WD Access Only
- Burralow Creek
- Ingar Campground
- Murphy’s Glen Campground
- Lockyers Trackhead
- Mount Werong Campground
2 thoughts on “Free Camping Blue Mountains, Australia”
Hi, a group of us with 9 pax are interested to camp at blue mountain. Do you provide rental for tents?
No, I am just a blogger who blogs about great places to camp. I don’t own the campsites I blog about. Have a great trip!