Old Ford Reserve is a picturesque council run campground on the grassy banks of the Megalong Creek in the Megalong Valley. The 44 km Six Foot Walking Track is just south of the campground on Megalong Road and takes in historic sites, sweeping views, heaths, forests, a suspension bridge and several campsites. It starts at Katoomba and ends near the Jenolan Caves, but of course you can do a day hike walking part of the way and turning back.
Location: Megalong Valley
- Trailer sites
- Open fires
- Picnic area
- Waste facilities
Tip: Bring your own firewood, toilet paper and drinking water.
Map: Camping Blue Mountains
- Free Camping Blue Mountains
- Campgrounds and Caravan Parks, Blue mountains: (not free but best ratings)
- Blue Mountains in Pictures: To inspire your trip!
- Cheap Camper Van Hire in Australia Compared
- Campervan Hire Sydney: Best all inclusive prices
- Used Campervans for Sale: Economy for long adventures
- Best Value Campervan Hire Australia