The beaches of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads offer some of the best surfing, swimming and most picturesque coastlines on the Gold Coast.
Coolangatta is all about the surf! Some breaks run for over one kilometer. Here are the best spots.
- The northern corner of Coolangatta Beach
- Around the headland of Greenmount Beach
- From Snapper Rocks to the south corner of Rainbow Bay
- The famous surf break of Duranbah, or D’Bah as the locals call it. Duranbah is the only place you can be guaranteed of a swell even when the rest of the coast is quiet.
- Kirra Beach is a long beach with white sand and two patrolled areas. This beach is quieter than Coolangatta and Greenmount Beaches.
- Greenmount Beach is great if you don’t like waves. The corner of Greenmount Beach is a calm and protected spot with white sands and turquoise waters perfect for a swim. Life Savers are on duty every day. There are normally sand bars that create calm pools for the kids to play in.
- Coolangatta Beach has a surf club at each end and plenty of food outlets for when you get hungry.
- Things to do in Coolangatta and Tweed Heads
- Tweed Heads Visitor Information Centre
- Coolangatta Visitor Information Centre
- 7 Best Caravan Parks, Gold Coast
- The legendary Sydney to Gold Coast drive
- The Gold Coast to Brisbane Scenic Route
- The Brisbane to Airlie Beach drive
- Campervan hire Gold Coast
- Used campervans for sale