In 1872, Fingal Head Lighthouse was built of stone and painted white. Although it’s not high, it is effective because Fingal Head is one of Australia’s most easterly points. The one lighthouse keeper was withdrawn in 1920 when the kerosene light was converted to automatic acetylene.
You can reach the lighthouse via a short walk through coastal rainforest on a well-maintained track. You’ll have great views and might even spot the local dolphins or some migrating whales.
- Things to do in Coolangatta and Tweed Heads
- Tweed Heads Visitor Information Centre
- Coolangatta Visitor Information Centre
- 7 Best Caravan Parks, Gold Coast
- The legendary Sydney to Gold Coast drive
- The Gold Coast to Brisbane Scenic Route
- The Brisbane to Airlie Beach drive
- Campervan hire Gold Coast
- Used campervans for sale